With the royal wedding just days away, all eyes are on Britain’s most fascinating power couples: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and Prince William and Kate Middleton. Both of the royal family’s leading ladies are renowned for their charm, beauty, and impeccable sense of style.
In my latest Good Morning America segment, I taught viewers how to recreate Meghan and Kate’s go-to beauty and fashion looks at home. Read below for a step by step tutorial on how to make these signature looks your own:
Kate loves to wear her hair down and she often sports a beautiful, bouncy blowout. For this look, part your hair in the middle and blowout it out until it’s smooth and straight. Make sure there’s a lot of volume at the crown and finish the look with some classic curls (not waves) on the ends. Make sure there’s a lot of movement and shine.
Meghan loves wearing an undone low bun. Straighten your hair until it looks sleek and smooth and put it in a low bun. Make sure to take out a few tendrils in the front. Curl the front tendrils to finish the look.
Kate likes to play up two features: her eyes and cheekbones and it must be noted that her skin is always flawless. To achieve a perfection complexion, you have to take care of your skin year-round. In fact, only 20% of your skin’s aging is due to the natural aging process—the rest of the aging is often caused by external environmental factors like diet, stress, sun exposure, and air pollution. To get flawless skin, try the Mary Kay TimeWise Miracle Set 3D. This 3-step system is a breakthrough approach to skin aging. It contains a 4-in-1 Cleanser, Day Cream with broad-spectrum SPF, Night Cream, and Eye Cream. After just 4 week of use, you will see an improvement in the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and your skin will be brighter.
- Use a brown eyeliner on your eyes and finish the look with a smoky eye (use blues and cream shades) and add mascara.
- Kate loves blush. Use a matte pink blush to achieve a rosy glow.
- Use a pink color for the lips and add some shine by using gloss.
Meghan’s skin is always radiant and glowing and you can always see some of her freckles. She doesn’t like to look like she’s wearing too much makeup and she doesn’t have to since her skin is so beautiful. Using the right products can help your skin look bright, smooth, and flawless. The Mary Kay TimeWise Miracle Set 3D does three major things: it defends your skin against harmful environmental elements and free radicals through the use of antioxidants, it delays premature aging by providing broad spectrum SPF and hydration, and it delivers visible results in just 4 weeks. The main ingredients that help provide all of these benefits are encapsulated resveratrol, vitamin b3, and peptides
- Make sure your skin is dewy and free to any sort of cakey foundation.
- Use a taupe nude matte lipstick.
- Use brown liner and lots of mascara.
- Use a blush with a rosy glow and a hint of shimmer.
Style & Clothes
Kate likes opulent fascinators. The more opulent and big, the better. These tend to match her dresses and coats. Kate is often seen wearing A-Line dresses with a cinched waist. This can be in a variety of fabrics, but she does love lace. Her favorite colors are purple, lavender, blue, red, emerald, pink, pastels. She likes a modest and high neck.
- Kate usually wears a formal tailored jacket. She tends to enjoy the A-line style tailored jacket.
- Kate loves a classic pump that’s not too high.
- Kate love big cuff bracelets, earrings (dangly or big studs) and statement necklaces. She also carried a clutch most of the time.
Meghan likes to wear dresses that are a little more fitted. She also enjoys wear full skirts with a separate top. She’s generally sporting a monochromatic look. Sometimes she does play with patterns and can be seen wearing stripes and some patterned prints from time to time. Here favorite colors are black, red, maroon, blue, navy, brown, emerald green, camel, white.
- Meghan often wears jackets or blazers over her shoulders. She will wear anything from a leather jacket (plain or with studs) to a blazer over dresses and skirts. When she’s wearing a jacket the normal way, she loves trenches that have a cinched waist.
- Meghan prefers to wear a heel with a little more flair (ie. Straps, a higher heel, or an animal print).
- Meghan loves to stack delicate, thin rings. She wears thin bracelets and likes gold. She prefers to carry structured bags with handles.