Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. While I’d love to eat pancakes and hash browns and donuts 365 days a year, I make an effort to save those tasty treats for the weekends. After all, weekdays call for a little more dietary discipline.
Below, a foolproof, protein-packed egg scramble that I love to whip up after early morning workouts. Read on for the easy recipe!
- STEP 1: Heat two small non-stick pans over medium heat.
- STEP 2: Add a touch of olive oil and small slices of fresh asparagus to one of the pans. Follow this up with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 3: Crack two eggs into a small bowl, separating and discarding the yolk. Add a small slice of butter to the second pan and cook the eggs over low heat. Flip them over when they’re nice and solid.
- STEP 4: Drain the asparagus in a small strainer to get rid of any excess oil and then pile the veggies on top of your fully cooked eggs.
- STEP 5: Serve over a crunchy piece of toast and add crumbled feta (I prefer the Bulgarian variety) on top.